Saturday, November 5, 2011

GEJJE VASTRA

Gejje vastra or gejjostra.... these are ornaments made out of cotton....
Of course I didnt made these... These are my Mom's crafting.....
We use these Gejjostra as ornaments for God... in almost all festivals....




My Mom uses cotton.......... and.............




These shiny paper............. which are actually coulured aluminium sheets.........






Which is cut into small pieces...............









The final product looks like these......




Using a little bit of creativity, flowers and necklaces are made.....











































5 comments:

Janelle said...

Wow!!! Those look so pretty and delicate. I can only imagine how much effort goes into making one of those.

Deepthi said...

Ya Janelle!! I know.. its avery time consuming too....Thats why I do not attempt to even try these out !!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

they are so beautiful, i wanna try them too. I am sure they are time consuming, but worth trying definately give immense satisfaction when you make them.
raz

Sree said...

Deepthi- Thanks for sharing these Gejje-vastra pictures. ONly a single strand with kumkum is what Im familiar with.
Can you also give a step by step on how to make the above patterns? That will be very useful...
Regards,
Sree

Devi said...

Hi this is so awesome no words to explain this.Really sooooooooo gud.Can u plz post step by step tutorial it will be more useful to us.

Here and There - Series

This series of works were done in late 2016 and 2017. This is also a series which I like to revisit once in a while and I have been trying t...