Tuesday, April 5, 2011

MY FIRST BAG

YIPPIEEE!!!!!!!!!!! This is the first time I have tried to and finished a bag in my whole life... Never thought I would stitch a complete bag in my life...I have tried to make bags and purses .... but have never completed them.... coz I dont know anything about stitching.... Anyway, I like to learn and experiment... and here is the result of my learning.... I just took a few photographs throughout the process of cutting and stitching this bag and I am posting only those photoes..... This is for the main body of the bag...


and this is for the flap...






I then made a few pockets and stitched them to another cloth and then I stitched it to the main part of the bag....




....and this is the strap.....





After I stitched all the pieces together, I took a welcro(dont mind abt the spelling)

and first applied glue and then stitched it..



After that I made these using ribbons, and same cloth... and glued and stitched them an a cloth of the same material....





I then cut off the extra piece... and then again glued and stitched it to the bag...




And lo my first completed bag is ready....




No comments:

Here and There - Series

This series of works were done in late 2016 and 2017. This is also a series which I like to revisit once in a while and I have been trying t...